BALTIC PITCHING FORUM is a unique platform of networking and bringing the newest short film projects from the Baltics into the spotlight.
Dates of the event
10-11 October, 2014
Place of the event
Arts Printing House, Vilnius (Lithuania)
5 September, 2014
11 September, 2014
Lithuanian, Latvian and Estonian based film directors and/or producers who have finished at least one short film project and are now developing a new project which is
– a fiction short film
– in the development stage
– up to 30 minutes
– oriented to an international audience
Number of selected projects/participants
9 short film projects will be selected by the selection committee (3 projects per country).
Up to 2 representatives of each selected project (producer or/and director) will be invited to take part in the training and pitching sessions.
How to submit
The application form is available on www.filmshorts.lt/Baltic_Pitching_Forum
Please note that during the application process additional materials will be required – treatment, synopsis, director and producer’s intents and CVs, link to the director’s previous work, script (not mandatory), financial and distribution plans (not mandatory), visual reference material (not mandatory).
- The scripts must be entirely original – borrowing, in any way whatsoever, of any preexisting work protected by copyright is not permitted.
- The application form and additional material have to be prepared in English.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Selection and organization
- The three-member selection committee will consider all the applications.
- Each application will be processed by a minimum of two different readers.
- 9 projects will be selected and up to two representatives of each selected project (producer or/and director) will be invited to take part in the training and pitching sessions.
- Participants will be informed about their selection or non-selection no later than 14th September, 2013 by email.
- The first day of the Forum will be dedicated to the training regarding successful pitching and how to prepare for it.
- The second day of the Forum will be dedicated to a presentation of the selected projects in front of an international panel consisting of 7 members. After the presentation, one-on-one meetings between invited film professionals and participants will take place.
- The international panel will consist of 7 panelists from the fields of TV, distribution, production and film commissioning.
- The panel members will be announced in the mid of August.
Representatives of non-selected projects will be invited as observers at the training and pitching sessions.
There is no submission and participation fee.
Travel and accommodation
Travel to/from Vilnius and accommodation in Vilnius costs will be covered for the representatives of selected projects.
The observers are invited to take part at the training and pitching sessions on the understanding that they cover their own costs by themselves.
The international panel will select the Best Short Film Project of the Forum. The winners and representatives of the project will win travel to the European Short Film Co-production Forum EURO CONNECTION as part of the 37th International Short Film Festival Clermont-Ferrand on 5-6th February, 2014.